Monday, October 7, 2013

ANOTHER SHOT

I am of this bow into the far beyond
An evidence of the Past
A gift of the Present to the Future
Happy am I to proceed from her quiver
I hunger for my target
Shoot me not unto the streets
Nor at drugs nor unto perversion
But into my Future that beckons
Let me forth, the Sky and winds awaits
If I miss and plummet to the ground
I would have tested my limits
And known my wealth in depths
At least I would say I HAVE BEEN SHOT
Whether preferred or rejected
But I do not litter her quiver
Let the records show I HAVE BEEN SHOT
…It is for the misled arrows
That I weep for and pray for
Arrow of pains and secrets
Bent almost beyond recognition
Few call them victims
Some call them abused
Others call them statistics
But only broken arrows are they
To every broken arrow I write
The broken lady behind silk dresses
The bent guy behind tuxedos
I write to you about the new chance
The sky and altitudes beckons
Arise from the dust you gifted ones
And take that flight into your waiting future



No comments: