Saturday, August 24, 2013

I AM A POET

I am of a breed very rare
Far more than the Polar Bear
But I hold more than the Pandora’s
I am like water
Without feet, yet reaches the Earth’s end
Knows locked secret places without a Compass
Without hands yet beat Rocks to pieces
My skill and Art is beyond you
So do not name it my friend
With the gift of gods and men
And the prowess of Angels am I endowed
Yet just a man
Buh equal me not to my peers
With my tongue and pen
I can make an Emperor cry
Have a dance with an Anaconda
Turn an Army into Dancers
Create another Atlantic in the Sahara
Paint a Masterpiece with the Colors of the wind
Make a Dragon sing
Yet just a Man
But not with a contemporary
With my tongue and pen
I can rock a hive of bee to slumber
I can make a rock smile
Command to halt a Tsunami
Wed a Lion and Antelope
Bring Warriors to their knees
Wake from sleep a Cementary
Fetch the Pacific in a cup
Yet just a Man
But with my tongue and pen
Another I am, simple yet invincible
Neither Celestial not Extra-Terrestrial
Not a god nor an Angel
Yet not your contemporary
I am just a Man, A man with a gift
I AM A POET

…A lil scribble from a W

3 comments:

chi'gayle said...

Wow!!! Richard...beautiful piece, this is my best..bt ur exaggerations o ga o...'Fetch d Pacific with a cup' niggas be lyk!! Lool

OLAJIDE RICHARD O. said...

Hehehehehe, its just a Poet's weapon: Words... And I'm happy you like it. Thanks again

EOB said...

Fantastic one...love the flow of words