Tuesday, September 3, 2013

PRICE OF MY BRIDE

I want to marry
But that wish must tarry
Cos Bride Price now follows Fuel Price
Thanks to Fathers-in-Law
Like Jacob seven year more years to work
Fatten my wallet and claim my Bride
I come to marry but, he comes to close a deal
I know not my Sweetheart as an
Investment portfolio; Economic Merchandise
School fees from Nursery, Feeding from Birth
All these I must repay to have a wife
What a life
I have found my other
But her price is quite a wonder
I have her heart but not her hand sake of his price
Thanks to my Father-in-Law
I thought it was Marriage and not Purchase
But my Father-in-Law speak of prices
Perhaps a receipt I should get
The price is obese but my wallet on diet
So my wish to marry must still tarry
Cos my Father-in-Law isn’t smiling
Bride price is like an Olympic runner
Swift on the price tracks
I thought a heartthrob I found
But knew not that a merchandise she is
Sake of the price, my Love I cannot claim
Until I hammer
I am banned from her
Help, Help, this price snatches my Bride
I have found the flower to pluck
But there is nought from my wallet to suck
Father-in-Law is not smiling
So our love is in limbo stuck
Father-in-Law; Business partner
Please your price moderately trim to my wallet’s ability
So I can ‘buy’ your merchandise; my Bride
Please thy price trim so I go home not alone
Father-in-Law; Biz partner, allow me this fruit to pluck
Before time over her runs and her nectar loses its power
And no Man will unto her look
Living room has turned to Board room
Deal or no deal, Deal or no deal
Cos a Bride from here I seek
But my wallet holds not the price

2 comments:

Adeleke- Rachel said...

Wow!

Slippery Wet said...

Can I add this to my anthology Shade? This is lit