Friday, September 20, 2013

DOUBLE EDGED TIDES

When joy is high the bank is broken
Beside the still bed it’s a rainstorm
In the heat, it comes to cool
Only company I find in the dark
Telling to me what the ears interprete not
Oh river, tide of compassion
It has understanding to my pain
So warm its hand of compassion
Its message f relief sinks my deep
But its crocodile version makes me a fool
It’s one with a face but many names
Double river edged river why this farce?
All it takes is to cry me river
The helping hand from where comes my hurt
Stealing my robe elsewhere covereth my nudity
The river that drowns my valley
In its face is real consolation
But only its depth holds the Truth
When words hide and compassions fail
It is the only shoulder at hand
It speaks the only language needed
Yet my doubt for it is great
Uncle Samson fell at its feet
Its waves harvested his locks
Oh river tides of compassion
It calms me amidst the flames
The best shoulder in my lowest pit
Yet its help I fear to trust
Because with its sauce came the Apple
Grand Pa ate to stumble
 I will roll a dice than accept it
Is it an Angel in black robes?
Or a demon in white apparels
Justice at first sight is evil to it
Reach the source for your gavel to be fair
On this tide of compassion

No comments: